Our commitment to you
Your personal information will:
- Be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner by us;
- be collected in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal information is processed;
- be kept up to date, where it is possible and within our control to do so;
- be kept in a form which permits us to identify you, but only for so long as necessary for the purposes for which the personal information was collected;
- be processed securely and in a way that protects against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Personal information we collect when you register for a campaign
The types of personal information we may collect about you when you register, include:
- your first and last name;
- your mobile phone number;
- your contact details, including email address and postal address;
- bids, donations, pledges and purchases that you make through our platform;
You may also be asked to provide credit card information. When this information is provided it is collected and processed via our payment partner. We do not store or have access to any of this billing information and you should visit the provider’s website for details of how they use and process your information. https://stripe.com
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Cookies are text files placed in your computer's browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information.
- We also use Google Analytics cookies. These cookies collect standard information about visitors to the sites and their behaviour (e.g. what pages they viewed). The data provided by Google Analytics is anonymised and in no way enables us to identify individual visitors, however, Google Analytics will place a cookie on your device to enable the service. For more information about how Google Analytics cookies work on websites visit: cookie-usage
Collection and use of personal information
The personal information we collect, store and use is required for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to fulfil the supply of prizes purchased and won by you;
- to contact and communicate with you for the purposes of operating the service;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes, invoicing and billing;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
We will generally only process your personal information for the purposes of delivering the service to you. Where we may process your data for other purposes we will always seek your consent.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We will only share personal information with third parties, if required by law or if you provide us with permission to do so. To provide the service to you, we may disclose your personal information to:
- fundraising organisations that use our platform to conduct their fundraising activities.
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, prize suppliers, delivery personnel, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred; courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
Upon written request, we may provide you with a list of the third parties we use to process your personal information.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Choice and consent: Where we are processing your data and needed to ask your permission to do so, you are able to withdraw your consent at any time. We will immediately stop processing your data. You can contact us, using the contact details below.
If you wish to raise concerns about the way we are processing your data or would like to raise an objection, then please contact us using the contact details below, with your concerns.
Access to your data: You have the right to ask us about what data we hold about you, how we process it and provide you with a copy of the information, free of charge and within one month of your request.
To make a request for any personal information we hold and process about you, we would prefer it if you could put it in writing or in an email to the addresses below. We will need to verify your identity before providing the information and where necessary may contact you further to ensure we understand what data you are requesting.
Correction: If you believe that any information, we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant data protection authority in the country in which you are based, such as the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom.
Erasure of your data (the “right to be forgotten”): Under some circumstances you may request us to delete your data from our systems. Where this is possible (e.g. we don’t have any legal purpose for continuing to process your data) we will erase it from our systems.
If you wish to exercise your right to be forgotten, please contact us via the contact details below.
Portability: Your right to portability allows you to request a machine-readable format of the data you supplied to us and associated service logs (where we store them). Please contact us, using the contact details below, if you wish to receive a CSV export of your data.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Additionally, we ensure our staff are appropriately trained in and are responsible for following good data protection practices.
Links to other websites
How to contact us
For any questions or notices, please contact us at: [email protected]
We may change or update elements of this privacy notice from time to time or as required by law.